This programme of five sessions will focus on the essential skills required to be an outstanding middle leader. It would be ideal and more beneficial to attend all four sessions, however if you know you are unable to attend a session at the time of booking please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss a flexible booking option.
Twilight sessions will run from 4.00pm to 5.30pm on the following dates:
- Session 1: Tuesday, 18th January 2022 at Chessbrook ESC, Watford
- Session 2: Tuesday, 8th February 2022 at Sandringham School
- Session 3: Thursday, 17th March 2022, St Albans Girls’ School
- Session 4: Wednesday, 27th April 2022, St Albans Girls’ School
- Session 5: Thursday, 16th June 2022, St Albans Girls’ School
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at those who are already in positions of middle leadership and who wish to develop, refine and enhance their leadership qualities. The sessions will provide an opportunity to reconsider aspects of leadership including vision, strategic direction and managing teams. These sessions are aimed at both curriculum and pastoral leaders.
What are the objectives or outcomes?
These sessions will support you in:
- Redefining your vision and values as a middle leader
- Drawing together theory and practice
- Sustaining effective leadership
Areas of Focus
The areas of focus will include:
- Session 1: Effective approaches to support and develop your team
- Session 2: Tracking students progress, data analysis and interpretation to improve student motivation.
- Session 3: Self-evaluation, monitoring and moving forward to build capacity
- Session 4: The nuts and bolts of middle leadership
- Session 5: Collaborative problem solving based on real scenarios
Meet the facilitators
Session 1: Susan Miller, Centre Lead – Primary Outreach Manager, Chessbrook, Watford
Session 2: Tom Way, Lead Teacher – Behaviour and Engagement, Harlington Upper School
Session 3: Yvonne Adshead, Deputy Headteacher, Simon Balle All-through School, Hertford
Session 4: Melissa Hall, Curriculum Leader of English, St Albans Girls’ School, St Albans
Session 5: Paul Kershaw and Karen Thomas, Deputy Headteachers at St Albans Girls’ School, St Albans