Early Career Framework
The Alban Teaching School Hub is delighted to deliver the Full Induction Programme for the Early Career Framework.
What is the Early Career Framework?
Since September 2021 the government has funded an entitlement for all early career teachers and mentors in England to access high-quality professional development for the first two years of their career to support teacher recruitment and retention. We partner with Best Practice Network to deliver this programme. Schools and establishments eligible for DfE funding include:
- state-funded schools, colleges, sixth forms, children’s centres and nurseries
- maintained and non-maintained special schools
- independent schools that receive Section 41 funding
Why choose Alban Teaching School Hub for your ECF?
- Training is delivered in your local area and phase
- Training is facilitated by local experts who are acting or previous teachers in the local area for added context
- Strong partnership with our lead provider Best Practice Network
What are the benefits of the ECF programme?
- In – school mentors sharing their experience and best practice
- Support at an important career stage to increase staff retention
- Fully-funded by the DfE
- Moving ECTs on from ITT learning
- Using a spiral curriculum for a deeper learning experience
- Expert facilitators and efficient systems
- A strong network of Mentors and Leaders to support the programme