The Alban Teaching School Hub is delighted to offer a brand new CPD programme, ‘Evidence-informed leadership of EdTech in schools.’
This course will consist of four zoom sessions over two terms as follows:
- Session 1: 20th October 2022, 3-5pm
- Session 2: 1st December 2022, 3-5pm
- Session 3: 26th January 2023, 3-5pm
- Session 4: 22nd March 2023, 3-5pm
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for senior and middle leaders in schools leading on EdTech. The CPD programme ensures that their use of EdTech is evidence-informed, well planned and implemented. It is appropriate for those moving to a 1:1 device model or looking to improve the school’s current use of EdTech. It is appropriate for all phases and sizes of school and the case studies will reflect a range of settings and contexts.
Areas of focus
The key features of the course are:
- Evidence based drawing from robust research on digital technologies, implementation and CPD
- Supported by experts
- Makes use of exemplars so that participants can see the research in action
- Helps participants to contextualise the content for their setting
- Offer opportunities for peer discussion, building a community of practice
The course consists of four modules:
- What the evidence says about how EdTech can improve learning
- Safe and accessible use
- Developing and supporting your vision
- Implementation planning
Each module contains:
- Retrieval quiz
- Research reading
- 2 hour workshop online (via Zoom)
- Gap task with expert feedback
Online study is supported by the Alban TSH learning platform.
Visits to schools making effective use of EdTech are also signposted as part of the course.
Participants completing the course with receive the “Evidence-informed leadership of EdTech in schools” from Alban TSH.