Alban Education is delighted to offer this network for teachers and leaders of A Level Psychology. There will be two sessions across the year, these will take place at St Albans Girls’ School from 4pm to 5.30pm on the dates below. Your booking will include all two dates and reporting instructions will be sent prior to each event. £20 for both sessions or £10 for one.
- Tuesday, 27th February 2024
- Tuesday, 4th June 2024
Who is this course for?
- Curriculum Leaders and Teachers of A Level Psychology
- To share best practice and resourcing to support A Level Psychology students
- To create student workshops on content, skills, sequencing, resourcing, exam technique and revision across schools.
- To discuss the challenges presented by OFSTED in a Psychology deep dive.
- To arrange a bespoke conference event with an external speaker for Psychology students to support exam performance.
Meet the facilitator
Mrs Karan Birkett
Curriculum Leader for Psychology, Post 16 Teaching and Learning Lead
I have been the Curriculum Leader for Psychology at St Albans Girls’ School for 15 years having previously taught at Sir John Lawes School; GCSE Science, A Level Biology and A Level Psychology. Currently there are over 100 students taking Psychology across Years 12 and 13 making the subject one of our most popular at Post 16. I also have assumed the responsibility of the Post 16 Teaching and Learning Lead as part of the Sixth Form Team providing a Study
Skills Toolkit to students, helping to support the Oxbridge programme, organising our Learner Voice, leading a cross curricular Post 16 Teaching and Learning Group and providing CPD through Staff Meetings and our Teaching and Learning Community. I have a strong interest in pedagogy and read extensively to elevate and evolve departmental practice.