Alban Education Experts
Following the DfE announcement that the recruitment of SLEs will no longer take place but that Teaching Schools can continue to work with SLEs and recruit their own education experts we would like to invite colleagues to join our hub team at a very exciting time in the national teacher development landscape.
What is an AEE?
- An outstanding practitioner, middle leader or senior leader with a strong interest in leading teacher development through direct peer-to-peer support or the delivery of training.
- someone integral to our core work in delivering aspects of the golden thread of teacher development as promoted by the DfE e.g. ITT, Early Career Framework, the NPQ qualifications or other CPD opportunities.
I am an SLE. Do I need to apply for an AEE position?
As an SLE your designation remains for four years from September 2021 but we would welcome you to join our team of AEEs which is automatic. If you are keen to be involved in our work and you missed our information event please complete your information here and one of the Alban TSH team will be in touch.
As an AEE you might be approached to or volunteer to work on a range of professional development support:
- lead specialist training (webinars or face-to-face training).
- support another school or colleague
- contribution to the Early Career Framework delivery.
- contribute to the delivery of the new NPQ suite of qualifications.
- complete school visits for our Appropriate Body service.
- coach or train colleagues from other schools or early years settings
- provide blog posts for our website to support colleagues across the region.
Experience and skills for the AEE role
- at least two years’ experience and outstanding knowledge in at least one subject specialism or designated area of focus e.g. a specific curriculum subject, assessment, behaviour and culture. All subject areas will be considered and you can offer more than one subject area.
- at least two years’ experience in a leadership role within a school or academy.
- an advocate for excellence in your specialist subject area and a desire to communicate this passion.
- experience in training, coaching or facilitation to impact pupil progress.
- evidence of working effectively as part of a team or across schools
- an understanding of whole school priorities and how your own subject integrates to this vision.
- the ability to work with others to instil positive change.
- the desire to keep abreast of educational and system change.
- Complete this expression of interest form to receive the full application form.
- Please note there is no cost to apply for this position.
- Current SLEs will automatically be converted to AEE status.
- All applications will be reviewed every three years.
- Please notify us if you change school during your designation period.
Applications for Primary and Secondary 2021-22 have now closed. Please complete the expression of interest if you would like to be considered for our Autumn 2022 AEE assessment process.
During the Summer Term 2022 we will be recruiting for Alban Education Experts in EYFS. Please see details HERE of an information event on April 28th 2022 at Ludwick Nursery about the process which is slightly different for this phase for EY teachers and practitioners.