This network is a chance for Teachers of Design and Technology to meet to discuss current issues in Design Technology Education, to create cross school relationships and share ideas and best practice.
Anyone joining for session 3 only will just be charged £10 for the one session.
These sessions will take place at Sandringham School as follows:
Session 1: Thursday, 2nd November 2023 – 4.30pm to 6.00pm
Session 2: Thursday, 8th February 2024 – 4pm to 5.30pm
Session 3: Thursday, 2nd May 2024 – 4pm to 5.30pm
On this programme participants will:
- Discuss current best practice and new ideas.
- Discuss ways we can stay up to date with our ever-changing subject.
- Discuss how we can use blended learning to enhance the outcomes and experiences of students in D&T.
- Be introduced to digital tools and take-away ideas for use in lessons.
- Share ideas on how best to set- up industry links in the community and how to harness them to provide opportunities for students.
Areas of focus:
- Blended learning.
- Inspiring students with industry links.
- Networking with other colleagues.
Who is the course for?
All teachers of Design and Technology from ECTs to HoDs.
Meet the facilitator
Teacher of Design and Technology at Sandringham School. Freelance practitioner in Design Education. Advocate of Design Thinking and STEAM. Experienced Head of D&T. Working in an SLE capacity at The Ridgeway Academy. Graduate of RADA, Goldsmiths and Aberystwyth. @trudibarrow