2022-23 sees the return of our New to Assistant Headteacher programme including two twilight sessions to develop new senior leaders into their roles as Assistant Headteachers.
Sessions will run from 4.00pm to 5.30pm on the following dates:
- Session 1: Thursday, 29th September 2022 at Sandringham School
- Session 2: Wednesday, 16th November 2022 at Adeyfield Academy
Who is this course for?
- Teachers new to Assistant Headteacher positions
- Teachers completing Associate Assistant Headteacher positions
What are the objectives or outcomes?
On this programme participants will:
- Network with other senior leaders from local alliance schools
- Develop strategies for becoming an outstanding school leader
- Become confident in developing initiatives and systems for effective school leadership
The course will include:
- Leading strategy and leading transformation (exploring strategies for leading change and whole school improvement)
- Leading operations (exploring competing priorities)
- Leading people (considering leadership styles and developing as well as empowering teams)
Meet the facilitator:
Imogen Walbank is an experienced school leader and currently an Associate Vice Principal at the Adeyfield Academy, part of the Atlas Trust in Hemel Hempstead. She is responsible for Personal Development, where she has successfully implemented a number of strategies in relation character education. After joining the academy, 3 years ago as an Assistant Principal, she has demonstrated successful leadership in improving standards as part of the school’s improvement journey. Previously, she was a Specialist Leader in Education at the Chiltern Learning Trust, with experience of leading and managing multi-disciplinary projects across their 15 schools.