Alban Education are delighted to re-introduce this network giving teachers of music a chance to get together to discuss current issues and changes in the secondary music curriculum.
Face to face twilight sessions will be held termly from 4pm to 5.30pm at Sandringham School on the following dates:
- Session 1: Thursday, 3rd November 2022
- Session 2: March date to be agreed in S1
- Session 3: June date to be agreed in S2
Who is this course for?
Teachers of Music
Areas of focus
- Networking and sharing good practise
- Reflections on the Model Music Curriculum – 18 months on
- Post-pandemic recovery of the Arts subjects in our schools
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in music
- Technology in the music classroom
- Discussion of music pedagogy
Meet the facilitator
Emma Beaton, Director of Learning for Music, Sandringham School
Emma Beaton has over 20 years of teaching experience across all key stages (including primary phases). Emma is a keen advocate of blended learning techniques and has led several workshops for colleagues and at seminars on this topic. Emma is an experienced faciliator/trainer and also works for Olevi, the Nationally CPD accreditor. Emma is passionate about music and arts education for all and hopes to inspire you with the confidence to plan and deliver an exciting music curriculum and give you the tools you need for longevity in the teaching world!