This programme of four sessions will focus on the essential skills required to be an outstanding middle leader.
Twilight sessions will run from 4.00pm to 5.30pm on the following dates:
- Session 1: Monday, 15th November 2021 at St Albans Girls’ School
- Session 2: Wednesday, 8th December 2021 at Chessbrook ESC, Watford
- Session 3: Tuesday, 8th February 2022 at Sandringham School
- Session 4: Thursday, 17th March 2022, St Albans Girls’ School
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at those who are already in positions of middle leadership and who wish to develop, refine and enhance their leadership qualities. The sessions will provide an opportunity to reconsider aspects of leadership including vision, strategic direction and managing teams. These sessions are aimed at both curriculum and pastoral leaders.
What are the objectives or outcomes?
These sessions will support you in:
- Redefining your vision and values as a middle leader
- Drawing together theory and practice
- Sustaining effective leadership
Areas of Focus
The areas of focus will include:
- Session 1: The nuts and bolts of middle leadership
- Session 2: Effective approaches to support and develop your team
- Session 3: Tracking students progress, data analysis and interpretation to improve student motivation.
- Session 4: Self-evaluation, monitoring and moving forward to build capacity
Meet the facilitators
Session 1: Melissa Hall, Curriculum Leader of English, St Albans Girls’ School, St Albans
Session 2: Susan Miller, Centre Lead – Primary Outreach Manager, Chessbrook, Watford
Session 3: Tom Way, Lead Teacher – Behaviour and Engagement, Harlington Upper School
Session 4: Yvonne Adshead, Deputy Headteacher, Simon Balle All-through School, Hertford