We are keen to ensure that all Early Career teachers have the opportunity to develop networks of subject specific enhancement to supplement their work on the Early Career Framework. This training is open to all ECTs regardless of their ECF provider; we aim to be able to provide strong subject specific networks across our region.
The subject specific enhancement sessions for GEOGRAPHY will take place at Sandringham School from 4pm to 5.30pm on the following dates:
- Session 1: Monday, 6th March 2023
- Session 2: Thursday, 29th June 2023
Areas of Focus
- Session 1: Effective Feedback in Geography – Pupil Progress
- Session 2: Curriculum Planning: Sequencing, Thresholds and Assessment
The sessions outlined above aim to provide support for Early Career Teachers as they hone and refine their teaching skills, with a focus on:
- teaching and learning strategies in geography
- effective modelling and feedback
- the development of schemes of learning that facilitate knowledge-building, progression, and mastery
Who is this course for?
Year 1 Early Career Teachers
Meet the facilitator
Neil Miller, Director of Learning: Geography, Sandringham School
Neil has a 1st (Hons) Bsc Geography from Kingston University and a MA in Terrorism, Security and Society from Kings College, London. He is entering his 6th year of teaching, and his 4th year as a head of department at Sandringham School. He has experience of teaching all key stages, including both physical and human geography at A Level. His subject specialism sits within the sphere of human geography, specifically human systems and geopolitics.