We are keen to ensure that all Early Career teachers have the opportunity to develop networks of subject specific enhancement to supplement their work on the Early Career Framework. This training is open to all ECTs regardless of their ECF provider; we aim to be able to provide strong subject specific networks across our region.
The subject specific enhancement sessions for Economics and Business will take place at Beaumont School from 4.00pm to 5.30pm on the following dates:
- Session 1: Monday 13th March 2023
- Session 2: Monday, 19th June 2023
Areas of Focus
These sessions will provide essential subject specific support in Year 1 of your Early Career journey covering areas such as:
- Teaching Economics and Business qualifications at GCSE/L2 and A level /Level 3
- Getting to grips with your specifications and incorporating real-time business case studies into you lesson planning
- Application and Assessment review with a focus on end of year revision and upcoming exams – the key things you need to know so you can help students to succeed
- Fine-tuning and thinking about consolidation/retrieval strategies you start to plan and help students prepare for the second year of their qualification
Who is this course for?
Year 1 Early Career Teachers delivering Economics and Business
Meet the facilitator
Brenda Austin – Head of Economics and Business, Beaumont School
Brenda has been Head of the Economics and Business department at Beaumont School since 2015 and was also a teacher of Economics and Business/Deputy Head of Sixth Form at Queens’ School in Bushey for five years.
At Beaumont which is an outstanding, fully comprehensive school, she leads a department with five staff teaching approx. 100 students at KS4 taking GCSE Business and Ctec Enterprise & Marketing courses. Over 130 students take Economics A-level courses at KS5. In addition, there are circa 80 learners on L3 Btec and Ctec Business courses. Beaumont also offers (optional) IFS courses to KS5 students as part of their enrichment programme.
Brenda has held whole school teaching and learning roles as well as having been a Governor in both schools. She is a proven management professional with a 12-year history of leadership and management with global financial institutions prior to joining the teaching profession.