WE WILL COMMUNICATE NEW DATES IN DUE COURSE BUT THIS IS LIKELY TO BE IN THE AUTUMN TERM 2021-22
We are delighted to offer this programme consisting of three sessions for support staff leaders in schools hosted at schools across the alliance as follows:
- Session 1: Leadership styles and having difficult conversations
- Session 2: Leading within the school community
- Session 3: Strategies to promote effective change
Who is this course for?
Colleagues involved in managing and leading others within a school setting. Delegates may be aspiring to be in role or currently in a position of leading a team.
What are the objectives or outcomes?
On this programme participants will:
- Reflect on their personal strengths
- Develop skills of leadership
- Explore their own vision and values
Areas of Focus
The areas of focus will include:
- Management or leadership? Understanding leadership styles
- The nuts and bolts: Action planning for change
- Leading successful change
- Effective team management
- Emotional intelligence, managing yourself and others
Meet the facilitators
During her career, Tessa has held a number of roles: Head of History, Head of House, Head of Faculty and Professional Learning Mentor. She was awarded AST status in 2008 and has since used her skills and knowledge to support NQTs in Hertfordshire as well as colleagues in her own school to develop their teaching and learning strategies.